The Atlas Game System
It enables digital interaction with players and traditional game elements.
Hybrid board games bring new game experiences to the table.
It can be adapted to different games thanks to its patented modular approach.
Interactive tutorials, Artificial Intelligence, Connected services and much more.
Game Maps can be customized in sizes, prints and functions.
The most expensive components are reused in the Game Console.
Reusable electronics, compact and easy to transport
Flexible, game specific smart surfaces
ATLAS GAME CONSOLE
The Atlas Game Console is a reusable component; it’s compact, easy to transport, and includes a battery supporting several hours of play.
To play, it connects to a Game Map through dedicated electronics, identifies it, and reads the different sensors hidden in the game mat surface. It can read several kinds of sensors, from NFC readers to get items positions, to capacitive touch areas and force sensing pads (FSR) that can implement buttons and sliders. It also provides several side functionalities like identifying the Game Map through unique serial numbers.
It then sends information about the game surface to the app running on a mobile device or a pc wirelessly, using BLE technology.
ATLAS GAME MAP
The Game Map is a swappable component plugged into the Atlas Game Console to play (like an old-fashioned console cartridge).
It’s a flexible game mat with hidden electronics that enables interaction with the game elements placed on the surface using NFC communication, identifying them, and recognizing their positions. It looks and feels like a high-quality game mat.
The Game Map is highly customizable: it has a printable surface, and the size, shape, number, type, and disposition of sensible elements can change according to the game design.
The game software resides in a BLE-enabled device (like smartphones and notebooks) and handles all the game activities and logic.
As it’s a fundamental component of a hybrid game we will support the software development activities by:
- Providing an easy-to-use SDK for Unity to interact with the console, enabling cross-platform development
- Keeping an in-house high seniority development staff working on the SDK to adapt it to client needs and support them in the development process
- Providing a centralized system (website and web services) for game-related services like authentication, leaderboards, achievements, and statistics to provide more value to players
Our technology aims to meet the curiosity of new generations of players interested in gaming approaches that combine the videogame experience with traditional board games.
Hybrid games up to now have achieved mixed results: inhomogeneous approaches, few dedicated technologies, complex user experiences, and a lack of added value by the technological component have been discouraging for the broad public.
In more advanced and dedicated solutions, high prices and low flexibility have been an obstacle for purchases from enthusiasts and early adopters.
Our patented solution has a lower production cost and allows for natural interaction while being flexible enough to fulfill authors’ and publishers’ needs.
Benefits of the Atlas Game System
For the User
- A lower initial cost and reusability raises the system’s perceived value and encourages early adopters.
- Uses technologies common in video games like complex narrative trees, artificial intelligence, memorizing game conditions, handling complex calculations, and many more.
- Using in-game tutorials and aids makes gaming simple and more inclusive.
- Enables engagement mechanics like leaderboards, achievements, and trophies to enrich the user experience.
For the Publisher
- Brings the console business model to the board game market.
- Owning the system encourages the purchase of more titles for the platform.
- Reduced localization and instruction manuals cost (easier to update and correct)
- High variability in supported games types and pricing widens the potential audience
- Digital sales improve games’ life cycles and ROIs
- Direct collection of gameplay statistics (impossible otherwise)